Saturday, December 5, 2015

The quest to make the perfect chocolate chip cookie

Tonight I made chocolate cookies and they were damn near perfect. This recipe is a modification of the nestle toll house recipe. This is what I did:

Preheated oven to 350

Mixed:
1 stick of butter (softened on counter for an hour)
1/2 tspoon baking soda
1/2 tspoon salt
1/4 granulated sugar
1/4 brown sugar
2 Tb spoon honey
1/2 tspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup all purpose flour
2 Tb spoon whole wheat flour
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup semi sweet chips
2 Tb spoons oats

I chilled the dough for an hour before spooning on a cold cookie sheet and placing into the oven. This  gave me just the right spread of dough for my preferences.

I thought the sweetness of the batter was just right and the ratio of whole wheat to all purpose was perfect. For next time, Peter proposes we do 1/2 the quantity of chocolate chips (of the same dark to semi sweet ratio) and do 2x as many oats.

No comments:

Post a Comment